Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Advice on moving my aquarium?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
      --- On Sun, 8/22/10, Kenne <kennedean@...> wrote:
      > I'm moving, and have to relocate my
      > 55-gal aquarium to the new place.

      How far does the tank have to move and will you be able to take it down, move it and set it back up same day?

      Also, in anticipation, you might want to start heavy water changes especially if you don't do a lot or do very small water changes normally. If you change 1/2 of the tank water every other day or so, but the time you move your fish will be used to "new" water allowing you to use a LOT of new water at the new location so you don't shock the fish. This will save you from trying to transport a lot of old tank water with you when you move.

      Patrick
    • Catherine
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
        Wish I would have seen this before I moved last month. Thanks for all of your
        advice, Patrick.

        Catherine Piske