Re: Fish on an airplane

  • Kenne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24 9:39 PM
      TSA says that carrying on the fish is a no-no, but they tell me to pack them well in a cooler, clearly labeled "live fish" and you can check them and they will be handled with care.

      Kenne in Hawaii

      --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Kenne" <kennedean@...> wrote:

      > I'll be flying from my island to Honolulu for a short shopping trip. (An easy, 20-minute flight) If I buy some fish for my aquarium, is the TSA going to let me bring them on the plane? I know about their restrictions on liquids, but do they make an exception for live fish?
      >
      > Kenne in Hawaii

    • Annie~
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25 7:46 AM
        They didn't tell you they need AIR.....
        I would probably put them in the plastic bags, you get at the fish store,
        & have as much water in there with enough air to last the trip. How long is
        the trip? In hours?

        Annie~