Snails and algae!

  • Christopher Androff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2010
      Hey everyone! I have a 125gal tank. It's sparsely populated with small fish, few pleco's and crabs! Have a huge problem with snails and algae. This is not a planted acquarium. Most of the algae products on the market are bad for crabs. Same with snails, any suggestions? I have 4 various sized plecos abd about 4 algae eaters.

      Topher...
    • dekker001
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2010
        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Androff <candroff@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone! I have a 125gal tank. It's sparsely populated with small fish, few pleco's and crabs! Have a huge problem with snails and algae. This is not a planted acquarium. Most of the algae products on the market are bad for crabs. Same with snails, any suggestions? I have 4 various sized plecos abd about 4 algae eaters.
        >
        > Topher...

        We need more information first.

        How often and what size water changes are you doing?

        How much and what kind of lighting do you have (how long does it stay on)

        How much are you feeding?

        How long has the aquarium been set up.

        What does the algae look like?