Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Fish on an airplane

  • tiggernut24@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010
      Never mind the TSA. Call the company that runs the plane you'll be flying in. I imagine that it's probably alot less formal than standard flights.

      Don't they also run boats between the islands?

      Yours,
      Villandra

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
        TSA says that carrying on the fish is a no-no, but they tell me to pack them well in a cooler, clearly labeled "live fish" and you can check them and they will be handled with care.

        Kenne in Hawaii

        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Kenne" <kennedean@...> wrote:

        > I'll be flying from my island to Honolulu for a short shopping trip. (An easy, 20-minute flight) If I buy some fish for my aquarium, is the TSA going to let me bring them on the plane? I know about their restrictions on liquids, but do they make an exception for live fish?
        >
        > Kenne in Hawaii

      • Annie~
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
          They didn't tell you they need AIR.....
          I would probably put them in the plastic bags, you get at the fish store,
          & have as much water in there with enough air to last the trip. How long is
          the trip? In hours?

          Annie~