Fish on an airplane

  • Kenne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2010
      I'll be flying from my island to Honolulu for a short shopping trip. (An easy, 20-minute flight) If I buy some fish for my aquarium, is the TSA going to let me bring them on the plane? I know about their restrictions on liquids, but do they make an exception for live fish?

      Kenne in Hawaii
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010
        --- On Mon, 7/26/10, Kenne <kennedean@...> wrote:
        > I'll be flying from my island to
        > Honolulu for a short shopping trip. (An easy, 20-minute
        > flight) If I buy some fish for my aquarium, is the TSA going
        > to let me bring them on the plane?  I know about their
        > restrictions on liquids, but do they make an exception for
        > live fish?

        Don't know. But call TSA and ask them then let us know. I would be interested in the answer.

        By the way, do they have any sort of ferries between islands?

        Patrick
      • tiggernut24@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010
          Never mind the TSA. Call the company that runs the plane you'll be flying in. I imagine that it's probably alot less formal than standard flights.

          Don't they also run boats between the islands?

          Yours,
          Villandra

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
            TSA says that carrying on the fish is a no-no, but they tell me to pack them well in a cooler, clearly labeled "live fish" and you can check them and they will be handled with care.

            Kenne in Hawaii

            --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Kenne" <kennedean@...> wrote:

            > I'll be flying from my island to Honolulu for a short shopping trip. (An easy, 20-minute flight) If I buy some fish for my aquarium, is the TSA going to let me bring them on the plane? I know about their restrictions on liquids, but do they make an exception for live fish?
            >
            > Kenne in Hawaii

          • Annie~
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
              They didn't tell you they need AIR.....
              I would probably put them in the plastic bags, you get at the fish store,
              & have as much water in there with enough air to last the trip. How long is
              the trip? In hours?

              Annie~