New to the group

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14 9:51 PM
      Hello all,

      Paul here and I am really into aqariums, Freshwater at this point.

      Quick easy question.

      I live in the Westchester, New York area, anyone know of a good source for fish.

      Also, what are your experiences with Mail Order fish. I am looking to purchase, freshwater community fish and I am looking for sources of aquireing fish.

      Tanks
      Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18 5:41 AM
        --- On Mon, 2/15/10, Paul <fsd25@...> wrote:
        > Paul here and I am really into aqariums, Freshwater at this
        > point.
        >
        > Quick easy question.
        >
        > I live in the Westchester, New York area, anyone know of a
        > good source for fish.

        I am in Massachusetts, so can not help you there.

        > Also, what are your experiences with Mail Order fish.
        > I am looking to purchase, freshwater community fish and I am
        > looking for sources of aquireing fish.

        The problem with mail ordering fish is that the shipping charges are extremely high since they are usually sent overnight delivery. So unless you are ordering either a LOT of fish or very special rare expensive fish, typically the shipping will be as much or more than the fish if you order common varieties. So you are better off just seeking out local sources.

        Patrick
      • fsd25@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18 4:00 PM
          Thank you Pam;

          Aqua bid looks like a very nice site to search. I am sure I will be
          making good use of that site. I'd like to know further about Clubs. Is there a
          listing of aquarium clubs by locality? Where can I find which clubs are
          active in my area?

          Thanks again
          Paul