Tank/Stand Question...

  • babybehr50
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2009
      I have a 200 gallon tank that was given to me..the tank is ready to put up. My husband built me a nice sturdy stand for it. We've stained it and poly'd it. My question is..should the top that the tank sits on be one solid piece of wood..can you use 2X's (which is what he has on it at the moment, but can put the solid piece on top of that)..or should the tank just sit on the sides (front/back/sides) leaving the glass bottom open. I checked the stand on my 75 gallon that is up now..and the glass on the bottom is exposed. I have also read that it should be one solid piece, but to put foam where the glass will sit, so that it won't touch the wood. Any info would be greatly appreciated asap. We are planning to put it up this weekend. Thanks so much!
      Annie in FL