RE: [Freshwater Aquariums] Slowing down water flow

  • pam andress
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
      Look at this. It may be just what you are looking for.

      http://www.theaquaticdepot.com/fluval-external-canister-filter-spray-bar-kit-a.html

      Pam

      To: freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com
      From: erick.thompson@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 04:50:15 +0000
      Subject: [Freshwater Aquariums] Slowing down water flow

      Hello,

      I am new to the group, so please excuse me if this question has been asked before.

      I have a fairly tall approx 50 gal aquarium, and previously had a BioWheel filter. The BioWheel died, and was a hassle to prime, so I decided to get a Fluval 305. It does a fantastic job of keeping the water clean, but the problem is that is produces too much of a current in the water for my clams, shrimp and snails. So I'm trying to figure out a way to diffuse the current.

      I've thought about getting a clear plastic cylinder that matches the diameter of the output hose from the Fluval, and drilling holes in it so that the outflow is in a bunch of different directions. Would this work? Is there a better way to reduce the current generated by the filter?

      Thanks,
      Erick