what fish to use

  • tammy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2009
      these are the fish I have: pleco, 2 raffel cats, 2 giant danios, 2 tiger barbs, 1 fish not sure of, 1 upside down cat.

      my set-ups will be: 75 gal semi-aggressive, 55 gal community fish, 29 gal not sure

      would like to have bottom, middle, and top swimmmers. what will be good to use in these tanks.

      the 29 gal plan to make it like a creek bottom. have river rock and some gravel in it. want to have plants, crayfish, fiddler crabs, something like that.

      have 10 gal plan to use as med tank.

      any ideas what to use for each. if you need more info just let me know.

      would like to have corys, algae eaters, snails. rubber nose pleco if can find one. female bettas. angels. were some of the ideas had.
    • anita
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2009
        angels will go with the cat fish and the other bottom feeders, (i have a cory cat, placo, elbino oscar and 2 red belly pacu with my angel and she does fine) keep in mind size, if you put a 2 inch fish with a 10 inch fish chances are the 2 in. gets eat. also  keep in mind breeds, oscars and angels are cichlid family so to speak so the do well together, i have had other cichlids with angels as well, like convicts, but when breeding occurs and it most definatly will with a convict pair, they get very agressive twards the others.

        the danios and the tiger barb need to be with other tropicals, (i set up my grand sons with danios, red eyed barbs, tiger barbs, upside down cat, mickey platys, sunburst platys, red tail shark, gold groumis, bleeding hearts, 1 male beta and 3 female beta and they all get along fine)
        hope this babble help lol happy fishing