Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Help I have a NASTY tank

  • Cheapeeper@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      I believe it's a bacterial bloom as it was a whitish colored slime. Today the water is clear again as I cleaned it yesterday and did like a 90% water change and siphoned the gravel at that time.
      I do still plan on doing another water change tomorrow again anyways. Besides all that I am treating the OSCAR with Parsite medication for Hole in the Head. In the main tank due to the only other hospital tank I have is a 10 gallon and it would be cruel to put him in that.
      Whatever was going on yesterday seems to be getting better today since the water is clear again today.
      Tomorrow I am again changing about 50% of the water, retreating with the last of the parasite medication and then on Tuesday i believe I do another 25% water change with no medication other than dechlor and I will then add back in the Carbon filters.
      Hopefully that will have fixed the 2 problems. 1 being the Nasty water, 2 being the Hole in the Head.
      I will keep everyone posted.

      Thanks Sharon

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2009
        Isolate the Oscar in a bucket for 2 days, keep treating it. Clean the whole tank out and start over.