Help! Water chemistry is wayyyyyyyyyyyy off!

  • cheeseymicron03
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2008
      Okay, so I got my test kit in the mail today. I am using the tetra
      test Laborett. it tests for pH KH GH NO2 and NH3/NH4
      I am honesty surprise my fish are still alive! I feel so guilty. Here
      are my results:

      PH 9.0
      GH 14
      NO2= 1.6
      KH= 13.5
      NH3/NH4=1.5

      I did a 30% water change. I want to do more but I've gotta get more
      water to replace it with first. I think my levels are so bad because
      our water in my town is just awful. Is there anything else I can do
      to help until I do another water change tomorrow?

      Also, I am treating for ich (no wonder) but is it more important to
      treat that or filter the water?

      *Aquarium stats- 35 gallon fresh water
      2 fancy tail goldfish
      2 regular mollies