Water treating question

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
      Ok, so I'm doing a PWC this morning and the thought occurs to me...do I
      treat with the water conditioner for the volume of the tank? or the
      volume of the bucket that is refilling the tanks?? This may be a simple
      question, but the thught did occur.......
      I've been treating for the volume of the entire tank, not just the
      volume I'm replacing........
    • Chris

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
              --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <odragonmommy@...>
              wrote:

              > Ok, so I'm doing a PWC this morning and the thought occurs to me...do
              > treat with the water conditioner for the volume of the tank? or the
              > volume of the bucket that is refilling the tanks?? This may be a
              simple
              > question, but the thught did occur.......
              > I've been treating for the volume of the entire tank, not just the
              > volume I'm replacing........

              Treat only the volume that you are replacing so as not to over do it
            • Dora Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2008
                You treat for the amount of water you're adding hte water conditoiner to.
                Regardless of whether it all goes into the tank. You treat all of the water
                you're going to put in the tank, and let it sit overnight.

                Yours,
                Dora Smith
                Austin, TX
                tiggernut24@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 21, 2008
                  Thanks for the clarification!

                  --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Dora Smith"
                  <tiggernut24@...> wrote:

                  > You treat for the amount of water you're adding hte water
                  conditoiner to.
                  > Regardless of whether it all goes into the tank. You treat all of
                  the water
                  > you're going to put in the tank, and let it sit overnight.
                  >
                  > Yours,
                  > Dora Smith
                  > Austin, TX
                  > tiggernut24@...

                • William
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 28, 2008
                    The water that is in the tank is already treated so you do not need
                    tore eat it again. Just treat the replacement water and you will be
                    fine.