Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Re: Mollies

  • samantha lloyd
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2008
      Hi Mollies will breed with Mollies no matter what color the other Mollies are cause they are still Mollies.
      Samantha

      Chris <odragonmommy@...> wrote: I don't know about the mollies, but my platies will mate with whoever!
      The sunburst is mating with a mickey mouse, and my twin barb is mating
      with a mickey mouse..
      So i'm sure the mollies are the same way, just little breeding maniacs!

      --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon" <smilelkpt@...>
      wrote:

      > Has anyone here ever had a dalmation molly breed with a black molly?
      My
      > female dalmation had about 15 babies a few months ago. They have all
      > grown to obtain their spots beautifully--and look just like mama,
      > except for 1! She is a very light grey--no spots! Just wondering if
      > this is common, I wonder if she will always be this bland & plain
      > looking? I guess anything is possibe when they interbreed - but for
      her
      > to not have the coloring of either parent seemed strange to me.

    • Shannon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2008
        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <odragonmommy@...>
        wrote:

        > I don't know about the mollies, but my platies will mate with
        whoever!
        > The sunburst is mating with a mickey mouse, and my twin barb is
        mating
        > with a mickey mouse..
        > So I'm sure the mollies are the same way, just little breeding
        maniacs!

        Yeah, they sure are a bit "free with their love", but I am suprised to
        see one colorless baby (out of about 15 in one batch)from 2 otherwise
        mainly black parents. BTW -- what is a sunburst molly? That sounds
        pretty--or is that another name for the sunset (lighter orange in
        front, darker near the tail) Yeah my mollies & platies pretty much try
        to mate with whatever they can too----
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2008
          the sunburst is a platy, but he's the best looing one in the tank.
          I'm going to get more of that kind....brilliant colors......