RE: Chris and the 10 gallon and 16 gallon

  • Susan Mrenna
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29 7:45 AM
      I have 4 goldfish in a 75 gallon. Any more goldfish would be too many for
      it. They are less than a year old. I do a LOT of water changes and they are
      thriving. I had a pleco before i had the goldfish. He was 5 years old and
      got too big for the 75. I re-homed him to a larger tank. He could not fit up
      and down in the tank or front to back either. I do have a few platys, 5, in
      with the goldfish. The goldfish chase them and snack on them. I grow
      duckweed in another tank and feed the excess to the goldfish. It is gone in
      no time. I think my four are happy. They zoom up and down the tank. They
      also jump so a good cover is important. The pleco used to jump too. I only
      have a very few smooth decorations as the goldfish think they are more
      graceful than they are and they run into things. Having them in a big tank
      is a lot more fun than having them in a bowl when I was a kid. Susan