Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] betta and brrrrrrrrr, cold..

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      --- amylynncaplan <veggiegrrrl@...> wrote:
      > the tank fluxuates between 72 degrees in the morning after the
      > light
      > is off at night to 76 degrees in the evening after the light has
      > been on all day.
      > i would like to insulate my 3 gallon eclipse tank.

      I wouldn't even bother. Those temps are ok for a betta. Ya even
      warmer would make your fish more active, but nothing wrong with those
      temperatures.

      If you really want to raise the temperature or keep it more steady,
      you would be better off just getting a decent regulated submersible
      heater. The one you have it ok for keep the tank from getting too low
      but not strong enough to hold it steady and heat it much. You would
      want double the wattage at least. So getting a decent 25W or 50W
      heater would do the trick and a bit easier than trying to form a
      blanket around the tank and not look silly.