Re: HELP!!! Too many snails!

  • Sue Bishop
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 6 6:21 PM
      OK, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to set up another
      aquarium first and remove all my gold mystery snails since
      they are controlable.

      Thanks!

      Sue

      --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick A. Timlin"
      <ptimlin@...> wrote:

      > --- Sue Bishop <toadhillranch@...> wrote:
      > > I got some java moss to put in my 30 gal aquarium and it
      > > evidently had ramshorn snails in it. Now I have a
      > > zillion snails. I've been trying to dip all of them
      > > out but they keep multiplying faster than I can catch
      > > them. HOW can I get rid of them short of moving my
      > > fish to another aquarium and cleaning the whole thing
      > > out?
      >
      > Hi Sue,
      >
      > Start with my Snail Control article. Certain fish, assuming you have
      > the room, might be the answer, especially the Botia (loach)
      > species...
      >
      > http://geocities.com/ptimlin/snail_faq.html
      >

      > Patrick Timlin
      > http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/

    • brian
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 26 11:07 AM
        Yea o want tehm i thnk they are cool and i have a
        place made just for them so i would love to take them.

        --- Emily Tenczar <etenczar@...> wrote:

        > You should take him up on his offer, sue. make some
        > extra bucks. I am also
        > quite fond of those small ramshorns. I'm not sure
        > why you don't like them.
        > Emily
        >

        > On 10/25/07, brian <icmorhinee1@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > well just package them up and give me a shipping
        > price and send them
        > > away. add some lettuce to attract them all the
        > send them my way Please

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sue Bishop
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
          I don't like the small ramshorns since they breed like flies
          and I have HUNDREDS of them in my aquarium. I just don't
          have time or energy to package them up for shipping to
          anyone, although if you are in SE Arizona you can stop
          by and get all you want.
          I live in a rather remote location, only 450 people in
          our entire zip code.
          Shipping anything means a 40 mile round trip to town to
          get packaging material.

          Sue

          --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, brian <icmorhinee1@...>