Re: HELP!!! Too many snails!

  • Sue Bishop
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 6, 2007
      OK, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to set up another
      aquarium first and remove all my gold mystery snails since
      they are controlable.

      Thanks!

      Sue

      --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick A. Timlin"
      <ptimlin@...> wrote:

      > --- Sue Bishop <toadhillranch@...> wrote:
      > > I got some java moss to put in my 30 gal aquarium and it
      > > evidently had ramshorn snails in it. Now I have a
      > > zillion snails. I've been trying to dip all of them
      > > out but they keep multiplying faster than I can catch
      > > them. HOW can I get rid of them short of moving my
      > > fish to another aquarium and cleaning the whole thing
      > > out?
      >
      > Hi Sue,
      >
      > Start with my Snail Control article. Certain fish, assuming you have
      > the room, might be the answer, especially the Botia (loach)
      > species...
      >
      > http://geocities.com/ptimlin/snail_faq.html
      >

      > Patrick Timlin
      > http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/

    • Sue Bishop
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 25, 2007
        These are very small dark colored ramshorn snails. Packaging
        each seperately would be pretty useless. And I'm just dumping
        them in the trash right now since there must be several hundred
        of the little buggers in my aquarium. You really don't want
        them, they are very fast breeding pests!!

        Sue

        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "brian" <icmorhinee1@...>
        wrote:

        > if possible would you be willing to part with some of these snails? i
        > will pay you shipping and all that.

      • brian
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 25, 2007
          well just package them up and give me a shipping price and send them
          away. add some lettuce to attract them all the send them my way Please
        • Emily Tenczar
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 26, 2007
            You should take him up on his offer, sue. make some extra bucks. I am also
            quite fond of those small ramshorns. I'm not sure why you don't like them.
            Emily

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 26, 2007
              Yea o want tehm i thnk they are cool and i have a
              place made just for them so i would love to take them.

              --- Emily Tenczar <etenczar@...> wrote:

              > You should take him up on his offer, sue. make some
              > extra bucks. I am also
              > quite fond of those small ramshorns. I'm not sure
              > why you don't like them.
              > Emily
              >

              > On 10/25/07, brian <icmorhinee1@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > well just package them up and give me a shipping
              > price and send them
              > > away. add some lettuce to attract them all the
              > send them my way Please

              > removed]

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Sue Bishop
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                I don't like the small ramshorns since they breed like flies
                and I have HUNDREDS of them in my aquarium. I just don't
                have time or energy to package them up for shipping to
                anyone, although if you are in SE Arizona you can stop
                by and get all you want.
                I live in a rather remote location, only 450 people in
                our entire zip code.
                Shipping anything means a 40 mile round trip to town to
                get packaging material.