Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] excessive air stone noise. why??

  • Lisa Rambo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30 7:15 PM
      Well. the noise is fizzy and crackly. I don't think it's like a loud air pump. But it may either be getting a little better or I'm just getting used to it. Hopefully it's getting better.

      Andrew <a1.mills@...> wrote: I've found that sometimes when you put in a new airstone it's quite noisy for the first few days. Is the noise just like a very loud air pump? That's the noise I get sometimes when I first put in a new one. It usually seems to settle down within a few days. I'd just give it a few more days and you'll probably find it'll quieten down.

      The original message was:
      No, the gravel doesn't move. I just thought it would be quiet. I've seen other people hook up new air stones and they don't make this kind of noise. I'm ready to turn it off. But will give it more time to see if it gets any better.

      Tom Reagin <tgreagin@...> wrote: Coulld it be the gravel bouncing against the stone?

      Thomas G. Reagin, O.D.
      104 Church Street
      Decatur, GA 30030

      Voice (404)378-3694
      Fax (404)373-0741
      -----
      Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
      http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=dGdyZWFnaW45ODk0

      Be who you are and say what you feel,
      because those who mind don't matter
      and those who matter don't mind.