Diatom filter as scrubber?

  • seanmccas
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
      Will a diatom filter scrub out floating green algae? I have done
      several water changes and a few dark days and though not bad, I would
      like to eliminate it once and for all.. and if this mean running such a
      filter a few times a month, that would be fine. The algae got a start
      before I got all the plants in.

      My tank is a 125 gal, heavily planted (just started) with Co2.

      Thanks!

      SeanM
    • Deenerz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
        Sean,

        The Diatom filter will remove particles as small as one micron. So I think it is a safe bet that it will remove most of the poblem, although I do not know how small the algae is in its smallest form.

        Mike