Hardware Sand + Hardware River Stone Success

  • jefftragedy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2007
      I ended up going to Lowe's and getting the All Purpose Sand - 50lbs
      for $2.83 and 50lbs of River Stones/pebbles for $3.23.

      I rinsed it through in a bucket till it rain clear, and did a 100%
      water change on the 20 gallon tank, and then a 60% water change.

      Then I had 2 filters running on the tank and let it settle, before
      transplanting my fish into their new tank.

      Water wasnt hard or high PH...I did the vinegar test, etc, etc...and
      steriolized it all with my tap water declorinator...

      I went to the store and bought two feeder fish for 15cents to see if
      my water was sucessful.

      SUCESS.
      SUCESS.
      SUCESS.

      Save money and make it look better. My Neons, Red Eyes, YoYo Loaches
      and Chineese Algae Eater love their new tank.

      Thats my three cents.
    • jefftragedy