Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Re: Goldfish laying on its side at the bottom of the tank

  • Emily Tenczar
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2006
      I did when he first started showing symptoms the other day.
      Emily

      On 12/21/06, ROB ALLENBAUGH <mrbadass16@...> wrote:

      > do you add salt ever?
      >

      > --- Emily Tenczar <etenczar@... <etenczar%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > I did a water change last week. PH is around 6.8. I
      > > ran out of nitrite test
      > > strips but I can check the ammonia and nitrate
      > > tonight. last time I checked
      > > all were fine.
      > > Emily
      > >
      > > On 12/21/06, Patrick Timlin <ptimlin@... <ptimlin%40yahoo.com>>
      > > wrote:

      > > water, etc. except
      > > > that I
      > > after he started
      > > > acting
      > > to put in
      > > > antibiotics if
      > > >
      > > > Emily,
      > > >
      > > > When was the last time you did a water change? How
      > > big a tank is
      > > > this? How many other fish and what kind are in
      > > there? What is the pH
      > > > of the tank? Have you measured ammonia or nitrites
      > > lately?
      > > >
      > > > But if you haven't done it in a while, first order
      > > of business is to
      > > > start a series of small partial water changes on a
      > > daily basis.
      > > >
      > > > Patrick

      > > removed]

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • ROB ALLENBAUGH
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 22, 2006
        yes sinking pellets do help we also tell customers if
        they are gonna feed flakes hold then in there finger
        tips and put there hand in to the water and let go
        making the flakes sink.

        PS gold fish also love oranges not sure if you know
        that. cut and orange in 8ths, peas but u need to pop
        them before giving them to the fish.

        ROb

        http://mail.yahoo.com