[Freshwater Aquariums] Re: Clown Loach Requirements

  • bodfrass
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi Lisa
      I think we all slip up some times through no bodys fault
      rearly, those kirbensis I bought shouldn't of been a problem but
      thease two took the parenting role a bit too seriously and went on
      the rampage claiming the whole tank as their teritory and killing
      two fish. The important thing is when thease unexpected problems
      turn up that we deal with them and not let the fish suffer as a
      result. I would of said that your Clown Loach will be more than ok
      long enough for you to find him a good home, theres no need to panic
      he's not in immediate danger or anything. As Patrick said it's more
      the issue of compainy for him and his eventule body mass, but he
      wont grow over night and he will be fine on his own for a while,
      long enough for you to do right by him.
      Why were you drawn to buy him, was he to do a jod, or did you just
      like the look of him? Just trying to think of a possible suitible
      replacement.

      Martin

      --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Rambo
      <canineclara@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the reply Martin,
      > I try to be so careful when I purchase fish. I swear that
      Petsmart had a thing saying the loach would only get to be 6
      inches. That is what I remember. I always have less fish in my
      tank than I technically can so they aren't overstocked and I get
      smaller fish than I have to (except for this loach incident). I
      wish I could go bigger, but the expense is not in the budget right
      now. the loach is only about 31/2-4 inches right now. Do you think
      it is harming him if I keep him a little longer? He's not
      exhibiting any stress behavior right now.