Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] quick intro

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2006
      It sounds to me like your goldfish may have a case of ich or velvet. I would treat for the ich first, and if there is no improvement in a few days, treat for the velvet. In either case, I would suggest adding some aquarium salt to the water (1 rounded tablespoon for every 5 gallons of water) as this may help to reduce the stress the fish is feeling and help him fight off his illness.
      And, Welcome to the group!! Hope you enjoy your stay!
      Mike

      It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
      --Abraham Lincoln

    • mhs_friendly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2006
        Thanks, I will transfer him a a seperate bowl with some salt. There
        is already salt in the tank, but if it could help I will use it.

        Can there be Ich if there are no white spots? And what is velvet?

        Maia

        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"