Re: hexagon tank

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2005
      A good looking 30 gallon hex is a peaceful community tank. It is
      easy to maintain, and fun to watch. Try something like this.
      3 or 5 Black Skirt Tetras
      A male and 2 female Sward
      A male and 2 female Wagtail Platys
      A male and 2 female Betta
      A male and 2 female Dalmatian Molly
      And to keep the bottom spotless a Zebra Pleco is a good choice.

      That would put 18 fish back into the tank, and Oh man is it fun to
      watch the live bearers bread.

      Mark from Y-town
      > I might be getting a hex tank that is about 30 gallons. I am not
      > certain what I am going to put it in.
      >
      > What do you all think is the best freshwater fish for a hex tank?
      > was thinking about some cichlids but then I read they dont like
      the
      > deep water.

    • Christine Tardif
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 22, 2005
        Unfortunately the guy who was selling it to me for very cheap decided he wanted more money for it and sold it to someone else. I am still down about it.

        Mark <meeisenb@...> wrote: A good looking 30 gallon hex is a peaceful community tank. It is
        easy to maintain, and fun to watch. Try something like this.
        3 or 5 Black Skirt Tetras
        A male and 2 female Sward
        A male and 2 female Wagtail Platys
        A male and 2 female Betta
        A male and 2 female Dalmatian Molly
        And to keep the bottom spotless a Zebra Pleco is a good choice.

        That would put 18 fish back into the tank, and Oh man is it fun to
        watch the live bearers bread.

        Mark from Y-town
        > I might be getting a hex tank that is about 30 gallons. I am not
        > certain what I am going to put it in.
        >
        > What do you all think is the best freshwater fish for a hex tank?
        > was thinking about some cichlids but then I read they dont like
        the
        > deep water.

        Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts Freshwater aquarium

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
          I know how you feel. I was all set up to buy a 75gal pre drilled
          display tank and the bonehead did the same thing to me. Keep looking,
          you will find someone with the same or better deal.

          Mark from Y-town