NOT A FISH,,, BUT

  • MBethke
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 10:01 PM
      Well, while out searching for earthworms to feed the Archer fish (toxotes jaculator) I found something not usually found in the inner-city much less even finding one in their known habitat.

      The Eastern long toed salamander (ambystoma macrodactylum columbianum), mind you that it is tiny, real tiny. 2.5cm (25mm). I thought it was a worm at first... I couldn't get a good picture (image) so I went to a colleague I knew from animal science. He shot an image to me to share...

      Now I gotta find what to feed it... Well I guess I should call it by a name,,,, Louie? Any suggestions?

      Anyone know anything about these guys ??

      Thanks for the help in advance

      Mark J. & Peta S. Bethke
      Northridge, CA
      mbethke@...