Re: livebearer tank

  • jxpfeer
    Message 1 of 2683 , Oct 20, 2000
      kelsey,<br>yeah that's it, it was 80 bucks :)
      hehe. yeah my guess on this fish is just a rough
      estimate. of course it'll all depend on how many plants you
      have, and what kind of filtration, your water, etc...
      the way i do it with my tanks is this...after the
      tank has gotten well established with a moderate
      number of fish, i keep an eye on my levels of ammonia,
      etc, and on my filtration etc... as long as my filters
      don't seem to be getting too dirty too quickly, and as
      long as my ammonia remains 0, i know the bioload is
      ok... so you can add a few more fish until it looks
      like you've got enough :) kinda play it by ear so to
      speak...but in a 29gallon, you've got alot of water, so with
      a few plants to help clean up the nitrates, regular
      gravel vacuuming and filter cleaning, you should do
      great :) just remember not to clean the filter or
      gravel while the tank is still cycling. sometimes a
      little ammo-lock may be a safe idea for while the tank
      is still cycling. Good luck, let us know how it
      goes! :)<br><br>-jason
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007