GOOD NEWS!!!

  • beedohave
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2005
      Greetings Everyone,
      I joined this group about 5 months ago. I had a tank that was about 2
      months old and like so many other new fish tank owners I had
      questions. First, I want to thank each and every person who so kindly
      responded to my inquires about cloudy water, heaters, filters and
      fish! Your help and expertise is so very appreciated!!!

      Now for the good news I promised. My tank has been cloudy almost since
      I set it up. We had a few clear weeks at first and then the fog rolled
      in. I tried just about every suggestion made to me here on this group
      and some from the LFS. Nothing helped. I finally decided that the fish
      didn't seem to care, the water quality always tested great and I was
      just going to have to let it go and live with it. Well, in the past
      couple of weeks the water has steadily gotten clearer. Today it is
      totally crystal clear. I have NO IDEA what, if anything I did or did
      not do that made a difference. I just wanted to share my joy and
      excitement with the only people on the planet that I thought might
      actually understand my exuberance. People who do not have tanks look
      at you and go, "that's nice". People who have tested water until their
      hands were pruney, changed water religiously, monitored feeding
      schedules and types of food, changed lighting and everything else
      under the sun to make a tank look and feel good are really the only
      ones who understand why I am positively GIDDY about this.

      Thanks for letting me share!
      Kimberly
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2005
        --- beedohave <kimberlymc@...> wrote:
        > Now for the good news I promised. My tank has been cloudy almost
        > since I set it up. I finally decided that the fish didn't seem to
        care,
        > the water quality always tested great and I was
        > just going to have to let it go and live with it. Well, in the past
        > couple of weeks the water has steadily gotten clearer. Today it is
        > totally crystal clear.
        > I am positively GIDDY about this.

        Congrats! It is always nice to hear back from the new people on how
        they did. As I just was going thru on my last post to the new 55g
        tank owner, starting a new tank can often be very frustrating and
        scary, especially when you don't know all the things that help or you
        don't get very good advice (or any advice) from your local store. But
        once you work thru the initial problems and also accept that everyone
        will make mistakes and work thru those as well, keeping tanks and
        fish becomes fairly easy and straightforward and in my opinion very
        rewarding. It is often said that the vast majority of people who set
        up tanks, end up abandoning them and getting right back out of the
        hobby because of the initial problems and failures many are presented
        with. So may people just throw up their hands and quit. It isn't
        hard, mind you, but sometimes stores sell these kits and a ton of
        fish at the same time to a newbie and send them home to what is
        certainly going to be a disaster. This makes these people feel like
        they were duped and the hobby is really hard and they quit. It is too
        bad.

        Anyway, glad to hear about your success!

        =====