Re: [Freshwater Aquariums] Just getting back into Aquariums

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2004
      I think 82°F is fine, but 82°C would be bad. :) The tetras, catfish,
      and platties will be fine for sure, not sure about the frog and bumble bee
      fish (what is a bumble bee fish?), but tropicals will be fine at those temps
      If you could prop the lid open for air circulation and take the lid off of
      the filter if it is a power filter it might keep it down to 80. I keep mine
      at 80° for a year now with no trouble. I don't use an air pump, but I have
      a good, strong filter. If you don't have a strong filter, an air pump will
      increase gas exchange at night and live plants increase O2 levels in the day
      Just some ideas.

      Patrick N.

      Click the link below to learn about the cycle.
      Nitrogen Cycle:
      http://groups.msn.com/TheAquariumGroup/thenitrogencycle.msnw
      -About my tank: 29 gallon tank. I have 5 glolights, 2 neons and 3 black
      neons, 3 skirt tetras, 2 home-raised mollies, 1 home raised guppy, 4 ottos,
      2 albino and 3 juli cories, 1 pleco, one female betta, and 1 paradise
      gourami. I do not recommend this setup for new or inexperienced fish
      keepers!
      -Plants: "hardy" aponongetons, red tiger lotus, banana plants, java ferns,
      hornwort, and amazon swords.
      -Single 20 watt 5000K light, plain gravel, Regent 30-60 power filter.
      Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 30ppm, KH 2°, pH 6.4.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2004
        --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick"
        <americanfishguy@h...> wrote:
        > I think 82°F is fine, but 82°C would be bad. :) The tetras,
        catfish,
        > and platties will be fine for sure, not sure about the frog and
        bumble bee
        > fish (what is a bumble bee fish?), but tropicals will be fine at
        those temps
        > If you could prop the lid open for air circulation and take the
        lid off of
        > the filter if it is a power filter it might keep it down to 80. I
        keep mine
        > at 80° for a year now with no trouble. I don't use an air pump,
        but I have
        > a good, strong filter. If you don't have a strong filter, an air
        pump will
        > increase gas exchange at night and live plants increase O2 levels
        in the day
        > Just some ideas.
        >
        > Patrick N.

        Thanks Patrick.

        Yes. I open the top up during the day and it seems to help maintian
        it about 82. If I shut it it goes up to about 84.

        My power filter has no top. So thats one less worry.

        Bumble Bee Fish? Well I had never heard of them either. But thats
        what the fish store calls them. They are a tank cleaning fish. They
        are solid black with a yellow vertical strip on each side. Kinda of a
        cute little thing. I can't find anything on line about them. The only
        one I can find is the Bumble Bee Goby. And thats not him.

        Mac
      • Todd Fields
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2004
          --- Patrick <americanfishguy@...> wrote:
          > I think 82�F is fine, but 82�C would be bad. :)
          > The tetras, catfish,
          > and platties will be fine for sure, not sure about
          > the frog and bumble bee
          > fish (what is a bumble bee fish?), but tropicals
          > will be fine at those temps

          I've have an African Dwarf Frog in an Eclipse Three
          that stays around 82F for several months now and he's
          been fine.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail