RE: [Freshwater Aquariums] Re: Filtration question

  • Nimish Mathur
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2004
      Dingo,

      I advise you to re-consider the stock. Tyretrack eel will get big enough to
      eat the guppies and Khuli loaches. If you want an eel, try for a Peacock
      spiny eel. It's the same family as tyre track but remains smaller (30-40cm).

      Fancy guppies, though are very good looking, but can become an easy target
      of fin nipping. Either by Parrots, eels, loaches etc. or even by themselves.
      I have had a group of fancy males turn aggressively gay and they themselves
      tore the tails of each other. This improved when I had more females then the
      males.

      Nim