Re: Blue rams

  • gouramigirl
    Message 1 of 2683 , Aug 31 10:08 PM
      Hi again! Thanks for the reply! <br><br>What do
      you use to lower the ph with and did you do all that
      before you got the fish? When I started I had a bit of
      trouble with ph, it was always a bit high. We tried
      lowering it but it kept bouncing back up again. I tested
      all the rocks and stuff and worked out that some of
      them were causing most of the problem and after taking
      them out the ph stabilised at a bit over 7. The fish I
      have seem to have acclimatised to the slightly higher
      ph and (touch wood) I haven't had any deaths for a
      while, except one bristlenose when we moved
      house.<br><br>So what's your favourite fish shop around town? I
      usually buy most of my stuff from Jem because it's closer
      to where live but I do take the occasional trip to
      Neptunes out at Queanbey-hole, and drop into Susans every
      now and then. I'll never buy a fish from the pet shop
      in Belco Mall though - they always have sick, dying
      and/or dead fish in the tanks.<br><br>I'm still debating
      about the blue rams, also contemplating princess
      cichlids... ever kept any of those?<br><br>How long have you
      been keeping fish?<br><br>Anyway, it's nearly time to
      head over to the pub (farewell drinks for some
      co-workers). Have a great weekend!<br><br>Nikki.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007