going away for the weekend

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      we like to camp in the summer but are worried about the fish and
      being feed while we are away from friday afternoon till sunday
      afternoon. What should I buy to feed them then or will they be okay
      for a day. would like some info.

      thanks Jeanne
    • amalthea23
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        it's actually good to let your fish go without food at least a day a
        week. it helps the water quality and allows them to clear any
        blockages. if you're going to go away for too long, you can always get
        an automatic feeder...
        amalthea
        On Mar 1, 2004, at 1:12 PM, Jeanne wrote:

        > we like to camp in the summer but are worried about the fish and
        > being feed while we are away from friday afternoon till sunday
        > afternoon. What should I buy to feed them then or will they be okay
        > for a day. would like some info.
        >
        > thanks Jeanne
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Service.

        http://www.generationsbeyond.com
        web design, print design, corporate identity services and more...
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- Jeanne <pinkgirls_us@...> wrote:
          > we like to camp in the summer but are worried about the fish and
          > being feed while we are away from friday afternoon till sunday
          > afternoon. What should I buy to feed them then or will they be okay
          > for a day. would like some info.

          A day or a few is absolutely no problem with fish to not have food.
          Do leave the light off if you don't have a timer though. Most fish
          will do fine even for a week or two without food if needed barring
          other problems with the tank (failed heated, stopped filter, power
          outage, etc.)

          =====
          Patrick Timlin ptimlin@...
          http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/
        • dbsmom
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            they make weekender and vaction feeder blocks. the fish in my work
            tank (the tank i have at my work place)get a portion of a block on
            friday afternoon before i leave, then on monday i remove what they
            don't finish. they seem quite satisfied w/ this deal.
            hope this helps

            brenda

            --- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "Jeanne"
            <pinkgirls_us@y...> wrote:
            > we like to camp in the summer but are worried about the fish and
            > being feed while we are away from friday afternoon till sunday
            > afternoon. What should I buy to feed them then or will they be
            okay
            > for a day. would like some info.
            >
            > thanks Jeanne
          • Jeanne
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
              thats a plan, thank you for the info on that.

              Jeanne-- In freshwateraquariums@yahoogroups.com, "dbsmom"