Help!

  • LadyArwyn
    Message 1 of 2683 , Oct 23, 1999
      I have a two month old 55 gallon community tank.
      It is my first "large" tank, I have had several
      smaller setups before. I set it up with an undergravel
      AND suction filters. I have plenty of real and
      plastic plants for cover (I am having trouble keeping the
      live plants alive) and a couple of "caves" for the
      sharks.<br><br>In it I have 2 young angelfish (silver dollar size)
      and a rainbow shark I moved from my 10 gallon tank
      (yes, I know it was too small for the angelfish), a new
      albino rainbow shark and two neon dwarf
      gourami.<br><br>First, I want to get a school of small, brightly colored
      fish to liven up the tank. Possibly cardinal tetras.
      What is the maximum number of tetras should I get? I
      would like 10, is this realistic?<br><br>Second, my
      gourami periodically do a "dance", head to tail, wiggling
      around each other, never touching. Then they depart to
      opposite ends of the tank. I know almost nothing about
      gourami, is this mating or terretorial
      behavior?<br><br>Besides the aforementioned fish, are there any other
      (brightly colored) fish I might add? Or am I getting too
      crowded? It seems awfully empty with just the six fish I
      currently have.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007