red algae

  • ann griffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2003
      I hope I can get some help here with this problem. My husband has a
      55 gal and it has had some horrible red algae. He ended up moving the
      fish and shutting down the tank. It was a planted tank with a
      community tank of fish. He kept a watch on the ph ammonina and such.
      Any ideas what caused it and how to get rid of it or how to prevent
      it so that he could set up his tank again? Any help would be so
      great. We both are wanting to set up our tanks soon. Thanks so much
      Annie