Oops Second Request

  • Sally Schilling
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2003
      I have a 30 gal hexagonal tank... I do have some live plants in this tank...
      I have some algae on my live plants and some of the tubing and decorative
      items (fake plants, fake rock formations, etc)... The algae is very soft and
      feather-like... it is dark green in color... can anyone help identify this
      algae for me? (I could possibly take a digital image and upload it, if this
      would help) and possibly give me some advice on how to get rid of it... I
      have changed the water (50%) and removed the plants, wiped them down, as
      well as the tubing, etc... but the algae is still there and/or comes right
      back... I have also purchased some snails, but they seem to have died... I
      had a pecostumus (sorry I don't know how to spell it, it's a real ugly
      fish), but it didn't eat the algae... I have looked for images of this algae
      to no avail...

      All best wishes

      SallyEllen R. Schilling
      Wachusett American Eskimos

      AEDCONE (UKC) June 2003 show info will be available soon, but mark your
      calendars for June 21 and 22, 2003 to come to New England

      http://home.earthlink.net/~wachusett_eskies
      <http://home.earthlink.net/~wachusett_eskies>
      http://home.earthlink.net/~aedcone <http://home.earthlink.net/~aedcone>
      American Eskimo Dog Club of New England (UKC)
      http://naedac.topcities.com <http://naedac.topcities.com>
      National American Eskimo Dog Association of Canada (CKC affiliated)