crayfish is really grossing me out!!!!!

  • junco28
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2002
      I turned on the light yesterday and saw something on the gravel.At
      first I thought the crayfish had died but then I realized it had shed
      it's shell or whatever it was.That is sooo gross.I'm begining to
      regret getting the crayfish .He's distroying all of my plants ,He's
      kinda creepy looking with all those legs moving a mile a minute and
      now this.Oh well.
    • systemerror14
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
        --- In freshwateraquariums@y..., junco28 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I turned on the light yesterday and saw something on the gravel.At
        > first I thought the crayfish had died but then I realized it had
        shed
        > it's shell or whatever it was.That is sooo gross.I'm begining to
        > regret getting the crayfish .He's distroying all of my plants ,He's
        > kinda creepy looking with all those legs moving a mile a minute and
        > now this.Oh well.

        you seriously would have trouble living in Louisiana! They live in
        our yards and tear up the lawn constantly. I guess that's why the
        Cajun folk resorted to consuming them in the first place...now some
        farmers make specialized ponds to attract them. Good luck with the
        mud bug!
      • splendensmale
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
          I had four once. At first they were very shy and backed away from
          all the fish. Then, my ghost shrimp dissapeared. Later, several
          fish would disappear or be badly mauled at night. By the end one
          crayfish would dissapear every four nights until only the largest
          remained. That one went "nuts" and started chasing my "smarter" fish
          24 hours a day. He now lives happily in a Texas stream. I reccomend
          that you send yours to a pond in LA. They do not belong in a fish
          tank. Neither do blue lobsters.