Fresh tank

  • rgasperson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      Well, I was very bad and let my tank go. I am guessing the amonia got to high
      and my fish died. I have 2 elbino catfish left. Well, I cleaned the 10 gallon
      tank and added some fake shubbery. I am trying to decide what kind of fish to
      have in the tank. I had goldfish and I'm not all that experienced with anything
      else. I want to buy something a little more exotic, but not to expensive. Any
      suggestiond would be appreciated.

      Please eMail me at rgasperson@...

      Robert
      ---
      Do you want to know how I am
      making FREE Money on the internet?
      I Want to Tell you.
      http://www.geocities.com/rgasperson/myincome.htm
    • Bill Manty
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
        A betta and a few neon tetras would be nice. Not too
        exotic but easy to care for.

        --- rgasperson <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Well, I was very bad and let my tank go. I am
        > guessing the amonia got to high
        > and my fish died. I have 2 elbino catfish left.
        > Well, I cleaned the 10 gallon
        > tank and added some fake shubbery. I am trying to
        > decide what kind of fish to
        > have in the tank. I had goldfish and I'm not all
        > that experienced with anything
        > else. I want to buy something a little more exotic,
        > but not to expensive. Any
        > suggestiond would be appreciated.
        >
        > Please eMail me at rgasperson@...
        >
        > Robert
        > ---
        > Do you want to know how I am
        > making FREE Money on the internet?
        > I Want to Tell you.
        > http://www.geocities.com/rgasperson/myincome.htm

        =====
        Bill Manty
        JCA

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • horloge_parfait
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
          Well, I hesitate to encourage anyone who would let the living things
          in his aquarium die a slow, agonizing, suffocating death by "letting
          it go", by suggesting he obtain more fish.

          But, in the hopes that you will be more responsible this time, I will
          make a suggestion. I don't think neon tetras are a very hardy bunch.
          I have found them to be one of the more sensitive tetras. Try
          headlights, lemons, black neons or skip the tetras altogether and get
          some danios or livebearers. Good luck to your fish...

          --- In freshwateraquariums@y..., rgasperson <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Well, I was very bad and let my tank go. I am guessing the amonia
          got to high
          > and my fish died. I have 2 elbino catfish left. Well, I cleaned
          the 10 gallon
          > tank and added some fake shubbery. I am trying to decide what kind
          of fish to
          > have in the tank. I had goldfish and I'm not all that experienced
          with anything
          > else. I want to buy something a little more exotic, but not to
          expensive. Any
          > suggestiond would be appreciated.
          >
          > Please eMail me at rgasperson@y...
          >
          > Robert
          > ---
          > Do you want to know how I am
          > making FREE Money on the internet?
          > I Want to Tell you.
          > http://www.geocities.com/rgasperson/myincome.htm
        • gjnoronh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2002
            --- In freshwateraquariums@y..., rgasperson <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I want to buy something a little more exotic, but not to
            expensive. Any
            > suggestiond would be appreciated.

            Robert,

            I would agree with live bearers as they are as cheap as they get and
            usually very hardy. Catfish are as you now know very hardy, and
            cheap. Rasboras have a good rep as starter fish but I have little
            experience with them. Goldfish are pretty hardy but are in my
            biased opinion a little more prone to stinking up their tank with
            ammonia in a short time. Bottom line _understock_ and
            _overfiltrate_ your tank if theres a chance you may miss maintenance
            from time to time.

            -gjn