Re: Eclipse tanks question

  • highwaychilde
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
      I have the 2 gallon eclipse, It doesnt come with a light. It
      advertises a skylight or something like that but they are referring
      to a clear peice that goes on the top front section. I love it, The
      main problem you might have is if your putting it in a window or in
      direct sunlight it will heat up very quickly, it can jump up 10
      degrees (farenheight) during the the day because there is such a
      small volume of water. The walmarts around here anyway sell an exact
      replica name brand regent or something like that is a lot cheaper
      than eclipse and uses the exact same parts (like filters and
      biowheel) These would be great for an office. You dont really need
      an airpump for these because the water flowing down from the filter
      aerates the water nicely but I use one on mine with a very small
      bubble wand, there is a place to put an airline through the back
      without having to cut any holes or anything. These are very quiet
      even with an airpump.

      --- In freshwateraquariums@y..., "happymodeler" <rbtmccord1@e...>
      wrote:
      > Does anyone have any experience with the small 2 and 3 gallon
      Eclipse
      > tanks.
      >
      > If so what has your experience been. Good or bad.
      >
      > I am thinking of getting a few of these for a few small fish each.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Bob
    • cat_paw2000
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 12, 2002
        wrote:
        > Does anyone have any experience with the small 2 and 3 gallon
        Eclipse
        > tanks.
        >
        > If so what has your experience been. Good or bad.
        >
        > I am thinking of getting a few of these for a few small fish each.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Bob

        i use an eclipse 3 for dwarf seahorses and love it.
      • cat_paw2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12, 2002
          > > freaks out my betta. Other than that it is efficient.
          >
          > The Eclipse uses incandescent bulbs on everything smaller than the
          System
          > 6 (6 gallon) tanks, don't they?

          my eclipse 3 uses a some what hard to find florcent light.

          the eclipse 2 uses no light

          there is a new 5 hex eclipse that uses the incandent light.

          also the light in my e3 does keep the temp high. but i have had
          almost no problem with the filter.