Re: Eclipse tanks question

  • dawn_portland
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
      I also have a Eclipse 3. I absolutly love it! I have never had a
      problem with the lights heating up my water. I find it to be much
      better than undergravel filters with power heads. I've had my tank
      for 3 years and I have never once had a dead fish or any water
      quality problems.

      Dawn~Portland OR
    • highwaychilde
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
        I have the 2 gallon eclipse, It doesnt come with a light. It
        advertises a skylight or something like that but they are referring
        to a clear peice that goes on the top front section. I love it, The
        main problem you might have is if your putting it in a window or in
        direct sunlight it will heat up very quickly, it can jump up 10
        degrees (farenheight) during the the day because there is such a
        small volume of water. The walmarts around here anyway sell an exact
        replica name brand regent or something like that is a lot cheaper
        than eclipse and uses the exact same parts (like filters and
        biowheel) These would be great for an office. You dont really need
        an airpump for these because the water flowing down from the filter
        aerates the water nicely but I use one on mine with a very small
        bubble wand, there is a place to put an airline through the back
        without having to cut any holes or anything. These are very quiet
        even with an airpump.

        --- In freshwateraquariums@y..., "happymodeler" <rbtmccord1@e...>
        wrote:
        > Does anyone have any experience with the small 2 and 3 gallon
        Eclipse
        > tanks.
        >
        > If so what has your experience been. Good or bad.
        >
        > I am thinking of getting a few of these for a few small fish each.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Bob
      • cat_paw2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12, 2002
          wrote:
          > Does anyone have any experience with the small 2 and 3 gallon
          Eclipse
          > tanks.
          >
          > If so what has your experience been. Good or bad.
          >
          > I am thinking of getting a few of these for a few small fish each.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Bob

          i use an eclipse 3 for dwarf seahorses and love it.
        • cat_paw2000
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 12, 2002
            > > freaks out my betta. Other than that it is efficient.
            >
            > The Eclipse uses incandescent bulbs on everything smaller than the
            System
            > 6 (6 gallon) tanks, don't they?

            my eclipse 3 uses a some what hard to find florcent light.

            the eclipse 2 uses no light

            there is a new 5 hex eclipse that uses the incandent light.

            also the light in my e3 does keep the temp high. but i have had
            almost no problem with the filter.