Re: Too much?

  • built4fun1
    Message 1 of 2683 , Mar 1, 2002
      Sounds like a lot of us are getting back into the
      hobby! Reading your post I thought I was reading about
      my self. We are also setting up a new 75 gal tank in
      fact it is still not filled with water. The gravel and
      substrate is in along with the driftwood. We are going
      Sunday to the Akron Aquarium Societie's spring auction
      to see if we can cop a few good deals on plants and
      maybe a few fish. We have an established 35 gal hex and
      a quarintine (sp) tank set up. The q tank is a
      basre bottom 10 gal with heat and filter. We have used
      a handful of gravel from the 35 gal. to help speed
      up the cycling of the new large tank once planted
      and filled. It has a penguin 400 hanging on the back
      that will supposedly turn 400gph. It has dual bio
      wheels. We are also going to use a Marineland dual temp.
      300 watt submeregeable heater and twin 4 ft
      flourecent hoods for a light source. These are the common
      wood grained strip lights for a aquariums with
      standard tubes. I believe I will need to change the tubes
      to something with a stronger out put but not sure
      which way to go yet, Suggestions anyone? The tank will
      be heavily planted which is my major concern at this
      point. I used an african violet mud\gravel mix on the
      bottom 1 1/2 inches, then a layer of literite (sp?)
      covered with another 1 1/2 inches of Texas grit. I am
      awaiting Sunday!
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007