Re: betta question

  • nharabhorse
    Message 1 of 2683 , Feb 8, 2002
      "well i put him back in his original tank and now
      notice a white fuzz on him he also sits on the bottom
      nowand disent move. Could this be that cotton fungus or
      something like that."<br><br>Not moving sounds
      serious.<br><br>If what you see is cottony white, it is fungus -
      treat quickly with an anti-fungal medication. If it is
      greyish white and not cottony, it is probably colunmaris,
      a surface bacterial infection: treat with an
      antibiotic that says it treats columnaris (such as
      Maracyn).<br><br>You may be seeing only a secondary problem. The
      burying into the gravel may have been an attempt to
      relieve skin irritation, caused by something else (for
      example parasites such as "velvet"). Damage done by the
      (possible) parasites or the digging in the gravel itself
      would then be exposed to infection, bacterial or
      fungal.<br><br>Look at him closely - if you think parasites are a
      possibility, you would want to get an anti-parisitic
      medication as well.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007