Re: snails!

  • cichlid102
    Message 1 of 2683 , Jan 1, 2002
      Once again, you are mistaken. Your not having
      experience with loaches is obvious. The introduction of
      loaches to the tank will wipe out "ALL" of the snails.
      Not only has it worked for me, but it has worked for
      thousands of other experienced aquarists world wide. I have
      been breeding and raising tropical fish for thirty
      eight years. During that time, by using loaches (both
      Botia almorhae, and Botia macracanthus will work well)
      to control the snail populations in my tanks has
      been standard practice. Breaking down a tank because
      of snails is not only overkill but totally
      unnecessary. Like I stated before, no adult snails, means no
      breeding and consequently no eggs leading to.....you
      guessed it, no snails.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007