Re: New Semi-Aggresive tank Any ideas

  • lostindaboondocks
    Message 1 of 2683 , Nov 5, 2001
      Sounds like a good idea I will keep you (and
      everyone reading in the loop). A new fish that I have
      thought of for my tank are the discus, they look alot
      physically like a silver dollar but have brilliant coloring.
      They prefer a 7.0-7.5 ph and a 74-76 f tank with a
      good amount of schooling room as they prefer schools
      of 5 or more. But note that these fish are hard to
      come by, typically you need to go through your local
      pet store (never your big chain stores) and have them
      specialy ordered. For tank raised ones of about an inch,
      they cost $20.00 but for wild ones their about $40.00
      for each, or $147 for a mated pair. These fish have
      amazing coloring and tend to be tolerant to changes in
      water conditions.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007