Re: tiger barbs

  • mikeandroez
    Message 1 of 2683 , Sep 6, 2001
      Interesting....<br>I have a 100 gallon tank, with
      4 gold tiger barbs, 8 green tiger barbs, and 1 red
      tail black shark. (along with 2 clown loaches and 4
      2-spot barbs)<br><br>However, it is the shark that is
      constantly chasing after the barbs.<br>I'm guessing that
      your shark is smaller than the barbs perhaps?<br>For
      the most part, in my tank, it seems to be a size
      thing.<br><br>The shark chases the barbs, which are smaller, but
      leaves the loaches alone, which are about the same size
      as the shark<br>On occasion, even the loaches chase
      after the barbs.<br>I don't feel sorry for the barbs,
      cause I know that they can be terrors with other fish,
      so it's sort of a "getting back what they usually
      give" kind of thing...LOL<br>Plus, they don't seem
      stressed by it.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007