Re: Tanic Acid

  • mikeandroez
    Message 1 of 2683 , Sep 6, 2001
      I have a tanic acid problem from a piece of
      driftwood I purchased.<br><br>So far, the only problems I
      am having with it are...<br>1) My water is
      yellowish-orange, and gets darker by the day.<br>2) My pH slowly
      drops from 7.0 to about 6.6 in a 1 week
      period<br><br>Several people I have asked stated that it is relatively
      harmless to the fish, with the only effects being a
      softening of the water, and lowering of the pH.<br><br>I
      just purchased a second filter to help clear it, and
      will be borrowing a freinds diatom filter to totally
      clear it for now, however, until the wood finishes
      leaching, I'll be battling it.
      Message 2683 of 2683 , Jan 26, 2007