Re: Update

  • brianmcblain
    Message 1 of 729 , Feb 12, 2012
      After discussing with Brad, I decided either I was ramping up the leading edge of the stall/dump phase or I was dosing too high. Easy to test with a low dose round, and if it was also long, that would be more effective than two shorter high dose rounds. I had done a long DMPS round but not one with ALA.

      I backed off to 5 mg DMPS and 6.25 of ALA and made a 9 day round I came off on Friday. Nice easy round and I was actually on planet and not lost in space. I scared Kathryn on the previous one (25 DMSA 12.5 ALA) and had some high BP readings the ADD was potentially lethal (leaving stuff to burn on the stove.)

      My BBTs are in the high 96s & low 97s now. Up 0.8-0.9 from early DMSA rounds. The pre rising Systolic is stabilized around 105 and the Diastolic has risen to high 60s and low seventies for a pulse pressure of about 35-36. This was in the upper 40's with the first DMSA rounds. ACE, thyroid extract, DHEA, HC ointment, and testosterone help the BBT but may be pushing the BP. I am back in the slightly high 125-130/75-80 but not high blood pressure range which is as good as I am likely to get chelating, and Andy says someplace not to worry overmuch about BP, so I am only concerned when it is above 140/95 like a reading of 172/100 a few weeks ago.

      As a Rule 1, 3 & 4 normalized test owner, I am beginning to appreciate Andy's comments that Rule 1s may have a more difficult chelation. I wonder if it signals a sensitivity to mobilizing mercury forcing a more conservative low and slow approach to be comfortable? Weird considering the daily dose I was getting with many large amalgams on top of many historical exposures, including flu shots. I also agree that the symptom increase is a bit more maybe a fair bit more than the square of the dose increase. Some gains are being made and a nice round, so fear of hidden amalgam has waned.

      BrianMc

      --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "brianmcblain" <brianmcblain@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > -snip-
      > >
      > > > I found I was tired, draggy, slept a lot and was somewhat depressed the
      > > day after chelation and then would bounce back.
      > >
      > > *** So that is normal, apparently. Good.
      > >
      > > > -snip-
      > >
      > > >Andy: Most of the other sick people I interacted with while I was doing this
      > > did not get well, or even much better. A lot got worse. Every single
      > > person I know of those who were detoxing while I was who got better
      > > used "my" protocol. Subsequently of course I wrote my book and got to
      > > talk to a very large number of people about what was going on, and I do
      > > think that a limited number of people who aren't very sick do get well
      > > using other protocols I would generally characterize as harmful and
      > > inappropriate, but it isn't many.
      > >
      > > *** Glad my bet is on the highest probability protocol.
      > >
      > > > The more interesting question is the one not asked here, which is what
      > > happens with adults who take their fillings out and then do nothing
      > > else. I called around and talked to lots of them too when I was trying
      > > to figure out what to do. On average they actually do BETTER than
      > > people who followed all the popular protocols at the time (EDTA, DMPS
      > > injections, DMSA every other day, chlorella, etc.) - another big eye
      > > opener for me that motivated some serious study since it was clear they
      > > were not actually well, but that what the doctors wanted to do was
      > > harmful.
      > >
      > > -snip-
      > >
      > > *** So all seems to be unfolding as it should. Nice to have this touchstone. For those who got messed up with other protocols before coming here, it is a hopeful tale of recovery.
      > >
      > > *** Thanks Andy. Hope you don't mind a revival of one of your old posts. I found it very therapeutic and hope others here do, too.
      > >

      > > > -snip-
      > >
      > > Andy . . . .. . . . . . . . .
      > >

      > > --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "brianmcblain" <brianmcblain@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well the end of a fun-filled year is rapidly approaching. :)
      > > >
      > > > Let's see, first poisoned by polishing copper (wore no mask) on top of my existing considerable mercury load (proven by a normalized hair test that almost makes three rules with supplements on board). Then poisoned with more mercury by a conventional dentist's amalgam removal (on one of my smaller, if not the smallest filling.: thank goodness for Dr. Jerome's better procedure even if not full IAOMT for the other 11). -snip-
      > >
      > > > The world is definitely a sunnier place this fall. I thought the shorter days brought a certain melancholy and dourness, but apparently that was mercury messing with my head. Mercury even makes a sunny day worse. How sucky is that? ;)
      > > >
      > > > -snip-
      > > >
      > > > I hope not to as frequent a contributor next year. It seems to be the sign that we have gained confidence and are getting our mental feet back under us. My typing has improved on and off round, and my editing, too.

    • brianmcblain
      Message 729 of 729 , May 12 5:45 AM
        > What dose of DMSA are your currently at? How many mgs?

        *** I am taking 25 mg of DMSA every 2 hours with the ALA dose. This is the same as 50 mg every 4 hours. 50-60 mg of DMSA is the maximum dose if you have some lead to chelate. If you have no lead, 25 to 30 mg every 4 hours, is all you need (12.5-15 mg every 2 hours).

        *** I did 2 months of DMSA, then monthly until this last two months. I am on Bi-monthly from here on as Andy says most of my lead should be gone by 3 years and it appears that maybe 2/3 of it is. The pending hair test may clarify that (I need it to monitor copper).

        BrianMc