Re: Update

  • brianmcblain
    Message 1 of 674 , Feb 12, 2012
      After discussing with Brad, I decided either I was ramping up the leading edge of the stall/dump phase or I was dosing too high. Easy to test with a low dose round, and if it was also long, that would be more effective than two shorter high dose rounds. I had done a long DMPS round but not one with ALA.

      I backed off to 5 mg DMPS and 6.25 of ALA and made a 9 day round I came off on Friday. Nice easy round and I was actually on planet and not lost in space. I scared Kathryn on the previous one (25 DMSA 12.5 ALA) and had some high BP readings the ADD was potentially lethal (leaving stuff to burn on the stove.)

      My BBTs are in the high 96s & low 97s now. Up 0.8-0.9 from early DMSA rounds. The pre rising Systolic is stabilized around 105 and the Diastolic has risen to high 60s and low seventies for a pulse pressure of about 35-36. This was in the upper 40's with the first DMSA rounds. ACE, thyroid extract, DHEA, HC ointment, and testosterone help the BBT but may be pushing the BP. I am back in the slightly high 125-130/75-80 but not high blood pressure range which is as good as I am likely to get chelating, and Andy says someplace not to worry overmuch about BP, so I am only concerned when it is above 140/95 like a reading of 172/100 a few weeks ago.

      As a Rule 1, 3 & 4 normalized test owner, I am beginning to appreciate Andy's comments that Rule 1s may have a more difficult chelation. I wonder if it signals a sensitivity to mobilizing mercury forcing a more conservative low and slow approach to be comfortable? Weird considering the daily dose I was getting with many large amalgams on top of many historical exposures, including flu shots. I also agree that the symptom increase is a bit more maybe a fair bit more than the square of the dose increase. Some gains are being made and a nice round, so fear of hidden amalgam has waned.

      BrianMc

      --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "brianmcblain" <brianmcblain@...> wrote:

      > I am having issues with BP being higher than optimal, and some brief angina and brain fog. -snip-
      >
      >(edit) Oil burning clunker smell followed me all day. No pronounced metallic taste. Bodily wastes hit an all time high smelling like -snip- Eau de Spot Welding. :) Stools as dark as with ALA on board. I am taking this as evidence I am chelating at a higher dose than my detox system can handle and/or my liver HM detox has just kicked in. Symptom carryover past the first day off-round is an indicator of a higher than comfortable dose.
      >
      > BBT was a record high (since monitoring it) of 97.4 this morning. -snip-
      >
      > -snip
      >
      > BrianMc
      >

      > --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "brianmcblain" <brianmcblain@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Starting out 2012, I recently revisited Andy's History here: http://onibasu.com/archives/am/139156.html
      > >
      > > It makes interesting reading. -snip-
      > >
      > > >Andy: ALA + DMSA or DMPS: as above, but greatly reduced ALA spaciness and
      > > general holdover squirreliness after the cycle. With DMSA + ALA I
      > > would generally remember if I took the dose until day 3 when i would be
      > > counting madly. With DMPS and ALA my memory was fine.
      > >
      > > *** Ditto. Boy, is that a relief! I was getting worried. Glad DMSA/ & ALA is once a month.
      > >
      > > -snip-
      > >
      > > > I found I was tired, draggy, slept a lot and was somewhat depressed the
      > > day after chelation and then would bounce back.
      > >
      > > *** So that is normal, apparently. Good.
      > >
      > > > -snip-
      > >
      > > >Andy: Most of the other sick people I interacted with while I was doing this
      > > did not get well, or even much better. A lot got worse. Every single
      > > person I know of those who were detoxing while I was who got better
      > > used "my" protocol. Subsequently of course I wrote my book and got to
      > > talk to a very large number of people about what was going on, and I do
      > > think that a limited number of people who aren't very sick do get well
      > > using other protocols I would generally characterize as harmful and
      > > inappropriate, but it isn't many.
      > >
      > > *** Glad my bet is on the highest probability protocol.
      > >
      > > > The more interesting question is the one not asked here, which is what
      > > happens with adults who take their fillings out and then do nothing
      > > else. I called around and talked to lots of them too when I was trying
      > > to figure out what to do. On average they actually do BETTER than
      > > people who followed all the popular protocols at the time (EDTA, DMPS
      > > injections, DMSA every other day, chlorella, etc.) - another big eye
      > > opener for me that motivated some serious study since it was clear they
      > > were not actually well, but that what the doctors wanted to do was
      > > harmful.
      > >
      > > -snip-
      > >
      > > *** So all seems to be unfolding as it should. Nice to have this touchstone. For those who got messed up with other protocols before coming here, it is a hopeful tale of recovery.

> [...]
    • brianmcblain
      Message 674 of 674 , Apr 10 1:05 PM
        Well the monitoring the temps three times a day allowed me a structure to take systematic BP readings, instead of whenever I felt like it might be high. I discovered something was causing them to be erratic and sometimes scary high. The Chia smoothie was one. That smoothie had some dairy and chocolate, too. I seem to have dairy intolerance return, intolerance to eggs, and possibly, chocolate. Yesterday, I had coleslaw with two meals, and this morning I had vertigo, dizziness, and fuzzy brain. Thiol intolerance has returned, it seems. Felt like I was on a round at too high a dose. I had a hard time navigating to the bathroom without hitting walls. I didn't even have a single drink the night before! I have been off chelation to get over a cold for the last couple of weeks. So I am guessing that the cold threw a wrench in the works. The day before the temps rose with the cold, I had a cold day (a degree low) suggesting a lot of stress as the cold took hold. Round 110 starts tomorrow at 60 mg of ALA and 30 mg of DMPS.

        BrianMc