wheat and dairy problems

  • letsdetox
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
      Atistic kids often do not digest wheat and dairy. Is this caused by
      mercury poisoning?

      Will it go away with chelation?
    • philallen876546
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
        I have always believed in this and I could not any tolerate grains or
        wheat. Dairy and gluten grains are supposed to cause issues
        specifically because they cannot be digested because the enzyme is
        affected by mercury (DPPIV I think). I am 1.5 yrs into chelation and I
        can now eat rice, potatoes, and just recently I have introduced rye
        sourdough with none of the old symptoms of fatigue & digestive
        disturbances.

        Phil

        --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "letsdetox"
        <letsdetox@...> wrote:

        > Atistic kids often do not digest wheat and dairy. Is this caused by
        > mercury poisoning?
        >
        > Will it go away with chelation?

      • mmc2315
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
          I'm intolerant to gluten. I found out recently. No GI symptoms, but problems with negative
          mood, energy problems, and hormones gone wonky.

          Once you go gluten free, your gut can begin to heal. If you begin to eat gluten again
          someday, it's possible there could be a period of time of silent damage to your gut until
          symptoms are bad enough to recognize again.

          If you want to test if you're still intolerant to gluten, you need to have been eating gluten for
          a period of time before the test or you will test falsely negative.

          The question I have is can someone who is gluten intolerant eat gluten on a limited basis
          with the help of a strong protease enzyme. Some say yes. Some say no.

          Michelle
        • Diane Martin
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
            What are you chelating with and how many rounds?

            <letsdetox@...> wrote:

            > Atistic kids often do not digest wheat and dairy. Is this caused by
            > mercury poisoning?
            >
            > Will it go away with chelation?

          • Linda
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
              <letsdetox@...> wrote:

              > Atistic kids often do not digest wheat and dairy. Is this caused by
              > mercury poisoning?

              People with MS often find wheat and dairy problematic too. These are
              not the only foods, just a couple of the common ones. In a general
              sense I think mercury is involved possibly through several mechanisms.

              > Will it go away with chelation?

              In the autism mercury group parents are reporting that sensitivity to
              foods and supplements reduce as chelation proceeds and eventually to
              away (assuming that 'proper' chelation is used. The problems get
              worse with improper chelation). Evidence is found in chelation group
              archives.

              Linda J
            • seashell_555
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
                --- In frequent-dose-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "mmc2315"
                <m.chelap@...> wrote:

                > I'm intolerant to gluten. I found out recently. No GI symptoms,
                but problems with negative
                > mood, energy problems, and hormones gone wonky.

                ---------------

                Wow, me too. I tested positive for mild gluten and whey
                sensitivity through ALCAT last summer. Severe intolerance to sugar.
                I played around with the diet over the summer but not 100%
                compliant. I gave up gluten completely almost 2 weeks ago and have
                noticed things happening. My pain and joint stiffness is
                improving. I did gorge on it right before I went totally off it and
                experienced bloating and horrible anxiety so that was the clincer
                for me. Now I have to be serious about the sugar and the dairy.
                AAaaargh! That is a huge adjustment.

                Regarding the mercury connection?? Good question. I was at a
                family event recently and found that major digestive issues go back
                generations in my family. So, is it Celiac/gluten intolerance or is
                it mercury? The symptoms for gluten intolerance can be very
                similiar to mercury toxicity. I have had major stress in my life and
                have resorted to Adderall and now diet to deal with my health
                issues. Chelation (getting up round the clock) was just too much
                stress. Also, just got back my pyroluria results and I had a score
                of 47 - normal is <20. So....what is what here?

                Val
              • Jada
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 10, 2007
                  It' very possible that it's from mercury. I know an adult with mostly
                  mercury filled teeth, just diagnosed gluten intolerant at 60 some
                  years old. The man is obviously mercury toxic.
                  Mercury destroys enzymes in the gut and thus you cannot digest things
                  properly. It also promotes the overgrowth of yeast which causes gut
                  permeability (leaky gut) allowing that partially digested food to get
                  through. Your immune system does not like finding gluten particles in
                  the blood stream and thus an immune reaction occurs. The same thing
                  happens in celiac or Sprue, etc. etc. I think they are all one in the
                  same.
                  It might go away with chelation if enough time away from these
                  substances, removal of metals, healing of the gut wall so no partially
                  digested foods get through has taken place.

                  Some adults report being able to tolerate these foods once again after
                  enough chelation and healing has taken place.