Help! French>Eng Medical terms

  • zlabega@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2001
      Hello! I'm translating a heart patient's medical history, including
      the results from her transthoracic echocardiogram.

      1. Part of the patient profile is the Physical Examination section,
      which includes things like her blood pressure and weight. Then it
      says "Absence d'OMI," and I can't find "OMI" anywhere, or at least
      not something that makes sense. I'm wondering if perhaps my fax
      distorted it and it really says "OML," but I can't find anything that
      sounds good there, either. Any thoughts?

      2. The lady is suffering from a mitral valve prolapse. The results
      of her echocardiogram indicate that the mitral valve is "épaissie et
      feuilletée," and I can't think of what "feuilletée" could be. Flakey
      and feathered just don't sound right.

      3. She was taking a drug called "Cozaar" or "Cosaar" and the dosage
      was "50, 1/2 cp le soir." What could "cp" be? I was hoping it was
      capsules, but I looked up the drug and found tablets, not capsules.

      I would be oh so grateful for any help . . .

      -Elizeth
      zlabega@...
    • Stéphane Gariazzo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2001
        Hi,

        3. She was taking a drug called "Cozaar" or "Cosaar" and the dosage was "50, 1/2 cp le soir." What could "cp" be?

        I think "cp" means "comprimé" here (tablet).

        HTH.
        Stéphane

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
          Hello,

          Check the URL www.granddictionnaire.com
          For OMI, the result is:
          French term : inhibition de la méiose de l'ovocyte (abr.OMI too)
          English term : ovocyte meiosis inhibition

          Hope this will hlp

          Katy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
            Thanks so much to all who replied.