This has happened before

  • John_Butler75
    Message 1 of 215 , Jul 22, 2000
      "States like Mississippi and Tennessee effected
      legislation that specifically omitted or targeted African
      Americans, depending on their purpose. All this had a
      demoralizing effect on blacks and made them seem less than
      human to white society. And worse, this condescension
      seemed to be officially endorsed by the state. It was
      easy to mistreat blacks if it could be agreed upon
      that African Americans were vastly different than
      whites and not deserving of the same
      respect"<br>-www.crimelibrary.com on the subject of Lynch Mobs...
      Message 215 of 215 , Mar 13, 2002