Eductating the masses.

  • girithelen
    Message 1 of 215 , Aug 18, 2001
      I live in Canada, so you would think in the long
      run this wouldn't bother me...<br>Someone I know from
      the net compared my boyfriend to Damien Echols, so
      needless to say I looked into everything I could about
      Echols. <br>The man that compared my boyfriend to Echols
      was one of those who believe he actually was a
      killer. <br>I read up and everything and was horrified...
      I like in a small town, and am prett much the only
      non-christian and the only one who dresses differently... so
      what happened kinda hit home.<br>I talked to other net
      friends and such..many hadn't even heard of all this...
      so I sent them links and such about it... everyone I
      talked to in the end believe they didn't do it.... Than
      why can't the people who matter in the U.S legal
      system realize that?<br>I also find it sad that they
      have socialized everything that happened to the 3 boys
      as a "Satanic Ritual" when Echols was wiccan.... and
      when Satanist don't "sacrifice" people.. and by law
      only kill there mortal enemies.<br>We had to do a
      Global Issues prject for my English exam... and had to
      bring in an article that could be related to a Global
      Issue... I took in an article about the West Memphis
      Three.... and used it as an example of religious
      prosecution. Also at the time trying to educate my class about
      what happened.. <br>Excuse any spelling mistakes.. I'm
      newly awake...and have never been a good speller... and
      can't find my dictionary...Perfect.. o.o<br><br>--Daron
      Message 215 of 215 , Mar 13, 2002