Madison Ohio Demonstration

  • Linda C. Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2002
      From: Christy <pecluvjoy@...>
      Subject: Madison Ohio Demonstration

      Strength In Unity!
      Stop the Prison Industrial Complex

      Event: Demonstration
      Location: Madison Correctional Institution (London, Ohio)
      Date and Time: November 24, 2002 / 11:00am to 2:00pm)

      Join us in front of the prison November 24th to show our opposition to the growing Prison Industrial Complex. We are protesting the injustices that are inherent in the prison system, such as:

      Brutality against prisoners;
      Corruption and dereliction of duty of guards and staff;
      Exploitation of prison labor as slave labor;
      Visiting conditions and policies;
      Inadequate Medical Treatment and the Hepatitis C Epidemic;
      Inadequate Grievance Procedure;

      This demonstration gives us the opportunity to reach two prisons with one demonstration (the London Correctional Institution is directly across the road), and we will be getting our message out to a small rural town that has long benefited from the exploitation of prisoners.

      Guest speakers will be announced and a sound system will be available for those who wish to speak.

      Help us spread the word of this demonstration. Bring your friends and families, and if you have a friend or loved one in either of these prisons, let them know that we will be out there on that date and time.

      Bring your signs, banner and bullhorns. Dress warm, it will be a cold and windy!
      Coffee and Hot Cocoa will be provided.

      Sponsors of this demonstration: Prisoners Advocacy Network - Ohio, CURE-Ohio, Community Organizing Center, Ohio Prison Reform Unity Project

      Driving Directions: From Columbus - Take I-71 South to I-70 West to S.R. 56. Turn South (left) (turn right if you're coming from Dayton) and drive three to four miles. The institution is on left side of the road.

      For more information and transportation contact Dan or Ida at:

      (614) 224-3466 (CURE-Ohio office)

      panohio3@...

      Baillady51@...

      LINDA TANT MILLER
      PRISON REFORM UNITY DAY 2003 IS OCTOBER 18
      PRISON REFORM UNITY PROJECT - PRUP
      http://www.prup.net